Wednesday, October 12, 2005

October 12,2005...Kinko's Guy story.

I know I haven't blogged in like...Forever, but don't worry faithful bloggers, I haven't passed on. Life's just been crazy lately! Getting my book ready to send to the agent was part of it, Girl Scout meetings and carpooling yet another. Good news...both are done! Phew, it was a chore though believe me.

My printer broke printing out the first two pages of my synopsis, so I had to haul both kido's into the van for the twenty minute drive to Kinko's. After three, count them, three tries, the helpful clerk gets my book printed. (And I swear they were all reading it back there!). Anyhoo, he comes out and I'm chomping at the bit to get this thing to the post office and fast. But he says, 'I have to give you credit...you did something I could never do.' With that he launches into this story about how he's an English major who's started four books, yet couldn't finish a one of them. He goes on to tell me all about paper topics he chose in college and the witty professors he had. Fifteen minutes later I realize I'll never make it to the post office and back in town in time for work. So I pay, thank him, usher the kids back into the van and plop the printed manuscript on the front seat. Yet, eventhough the book is going to be sitting in my van a day longer than it should, I smiled.

I felt lucky. I'd done something much more difficult than I gave myself credit for...I not only finished my book, but I'm working hard to ensure it see's the light of day.
And Kinko's guy...if your reading this, send me an e-mail! I'll let you know when you can finish reading my book. :-)

Until next time...

No comments: