Tuesday, August 30, 2005

August 30, 2005...Stitches hurt!

Today's agenda...kitchen safety.  Why, you ask?  Well, apparently I haven't learned it.  On Friday, while attempting to remove an avocado pit from a halved fruit, with the tip of a steak knife, the pit split, sending the knife entirely through my palm.  In one side, out the other-between the knuckles.  Gory, I know.  But that's not the half of it.  My eight year old daughter walks in, (picture me on my back on the floor, crying like a babe, with my hand wrapped in a dish towel), and says, 'Mom, why didn't you just use a spoon?'  Exactly!  Why didn't I use a spoon?  Why didn't I practice the common sense kitchen safety rules drilled into my head by my grandmother?  Who knows?  But I do know this...stitches hurt...more than shoving a knife through your hand.  And I now think we writers a cruel, insensitive lot for making the hero sit there, get twenty stitches on his upper thigh, without even letting him grimace from the pain in front of the heroine.  Until next time...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ouch! Get better soon girl!