Wednesday, August 10, 2005

August 10, 2005...Gym Woes

O.k...I really have to start going to the gym again. So far I've missed two of my spin classes this week, and I'm feelin' guilty. The sad thing is I work there! You'd think I'd manage to go for the fun stuff, huh? But alas, 'tis not so.

I can't quite figure out what it is, but there is definately something about summer that makes me lethargic. Oh well, at least I know I'm not alone. My husband's been slacking, as have a lot of our members, (who will remain anonymous...for a fee...he he he, just kidding!).

My best guess is it's this raging heat. You see, I keep the air on 24/7 at home...a hard to break Californian habit...so when I go outside I'm instantly dragging. I mean, when I can't breath, the last thing I want to do is go running for a half hour! Yet, with my fans as my witness, (that's you mom), I avow I will rise at 5 am, work out for an hour, have an energy shake, and then proceed to take lay back down and nap until my kids wake me up. :-) Now, if they only knew how to brew coffee...

Until next time...

No comments: