Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Sweating with Sven - Check in day

I've written 4580 since Sunday when I signed up. Not bad. I figure as long as I get 2,000 words a day, I won't complain. *grins*

Sunday's total's were dismal seeing how I wasn't home all day. I worked from 8am until noon, meet a friend for lunch at Panera in Madison, drove home like a maniac, making it to the co-ed league softball game in time to bat, drank a victory beer (we won 18-3), wrangled the kids from the park, went to a BBQ, came home at 9pm, showered and crashed because I have to be at work at 4:45am. Amazingly I wrote almost 500 words in the morning. But that's not 2,000 so I have to make up for that sometime this weekend.

My A-ha moment in this challenge so far? Well, for this week it's been remembering to tote around a notebook. I write long hand throughout the day, and type it in at night when I get a chance. (Yesterday I wrote on the floor next to my son while he played army guys. LOL!) It's more time consuming no doubt, but between work, the kids summer activities, etc. it's better than telling myself 'I don't have time to sit at the computer right now' and doing nothing at all.

So, how are all the other challengers doing? Is Sven whipping your wip into shape? ;-)

Until next time...

No comments: