Saturday, February 16, 2008

Prison Break is killing me!!!

Okay, I'm about to go off here...don't mind me, I'm just venting. :-)

Now, I don't really watch TV. Well, not on a weekly basis, (and I never blog about it.) The whole thing has become so unpredictably annoying it became difficult to emotionally invest myself in a show, only to have it go on some random hiatus for a year, change time slots, (or worse) change days.

However, Prison Break is the exception. Or was. Until they killed the heroine and love interest - Sara.

Now, I read that because she was pregnant in real life, she didn't want to work - wanted to be at home with the babe, etc. Well, I am hoping and praying that the actress had her kid, realizes that life at home with a toddler is monotonous, begs to be written back into the show and they allow it. I was a stay at home mom and after two years, I was pulling out my hair for any adult interaction that didn't require Playdough or Lego's. And I mean, the show is basically a soap opera - characters have returned from the grave before - it wouldn't be the first time. It's totally doable.

While I'm going off on my diatribe here...the whole female prison spin-off concept with the lead actress being Michael's new love interest is thoroughly insulting! No, no, NO!

Words are failing me, so I'll just have you look at this vid of Michael learning about Sara's death.


Now, tell me what does he have left? If Sara was not the love of his life and his soulmate is indeed this new lady, what reaction could he possibly give her? What corner of his heart is left for her?

I'll tell you. Nothing.

He spent all of his emotions, all of his heart on Sara. Meaning anything else would be unbelievable and pointless or render him an absolute ass in viewers eyes.

His character - as it has been outlined from the beginning - is guarded and intelligent. No way would he go for another person caught up in the "company's" net. He would have learned his lesson. As Sara once wrote - he would "know better."

Like I said, I hope that they bring her back. I am a romance author after all and it kills me to not have a "Happily Ever After" for the hero and heroine. But if the writers, in their "wisdom" decide to have her remain dead, I sincerely hope they know better than to give him a new love interest. It would demean anything and everything that Michael ever said or did...and THAT my dear bloggers, would be a tragedy. He is truly one of the best characters to hit the television in a long time and it would be a shame to see him go down like that.

Okay, I'm done. Phew! It's nice to have a place to get that off my chest. Now, back to my dragon hottie...until next time...

No comments: